Thursday, November 19, 2009

I have a Twitter account - twitter.com/LeaMDSydney which I use rarely. I much prefer Facebook as it seems more interactive and less invasive. I don't understand why I have 'followers' on Twitter who I do not know and wish there was some way to 'accept' them as you do on Facebook. Anyway - jsut a whinge.

I quite like how some major research university libraries use Twitter for their patrons eg Yale Law Library - twitter.com/yalelawlibrary and think Sydney University Library could look at using it this way as so many of our patrons use Twitter.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with the library using Twitter - I think it would be a geat way to communicate things such as database downtimes, etc., as well as having some one-to-one contact with students. I suppose the only thing to be mindful of is that everyone else could potentially read what you tweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a very public forum. As it is the Uni is using twitter. Do searches on various combos of the name including usyd and syd uni amongst others. cheers!

    ReplyDelete